Shirt: Gift (Lucky Brand) — Skirt: Goodwill (Yili Ren) — Shoes: American Rag Compagnie — Belt: Goodwill — Scarf: Vintage — Bracelet and ring: Gifts
Y’all, I woke up so tired and cranky today, you don’t even know. But I’m still making an effort to be less of a grouch when I know I’m in a bad mood, so here’s a list of cheery things for a cheery Friday:
1. I’ve discovered that Flat Tire LOVES nori (seaweed). She got about half the nori from the nori maki I was snacking on a couple nights ago because it was just so cute.
2. I have a delicious cup of dark hot chocolate in front of me; even if it’s going to be 81 today, it’s not too hot for hot chocolate!
2. Tonight I’m headed to Berkeley again for a game night with Jessica (hereafter referred to as Tito, because it gets too complicated trying to differentiate between the Jessica I have book club and game nights with and the Jessica who passed away in January) and her brother and some friends.
3. Then, on Saturday, we’ll be driving over to San Francisco to attend Alternative Press Expo ’11! I’ve been saving up, so I’ll be able to blow a decent amount of money on some awesome comics, including Kate Beaton’s new book. Whee!
4. Last weekend Mike and I went to brunch with our ex-roommate Jerod, and on the way home we stopped in a little antique store not too far from our house. I almost bought a pair of incredible vintage paint-splattered pumps with a matching purse, but I had to let them go because the toe box was seriously too small. Goodbye, cute shoes! In consolation, I bought a couple of equally incredible vintage silk scarves, and waited excitedly until Thursday to wear one of them. So, if you’re wondering why I’m dressed so much like a cowgirl here (stealing Tia’s tag from earlier today, by the way), it’s because of this bad boy:
It’s not only a scarf, it’s a map of the western U.S.! (I would also like to draw your attention to the “Dominion of Canada” at the top.) Can’t beat a dual-function item for $5.
Aw, my little area of California. Well, “little” in the sense of, “stretching from Fresno to Chico.” You know, only 250 miles, no big deal.
Isn’t this just the greatest? The art looks completely freehanded, and has all sorts of cute things like the state flowers and illustrations of people like this wakeboarding (?) lady:
I wish I could pin a date on it, but other than little bits like references to “the Orient,” I can’t really tell. Probably pre-1960s, anyway? It’s definitely something that’s cheering me up! Happy Friday, folks!