I mentioned on Saturday’s post that I helped Braden with his homework on Friday and thus didn’t have time to write up my How To when I said I would. Whoops! So here are some of my favorite pictures from the shoot, interlaced with answers to the meme Mia tagged me with a few days back.
here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you by the tagger
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you have tagged to answer
5. Tag 11 ‘peeps’
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I’m evidently working on cultivating some bushy brows. I’ve never actually understood why shaped brows are a thing…maybe just because I have worn thick frames forever and bangs in my face, but having unshapely brows borrows others around me more than it bothers me.
2. I have a hard time calling myself things. According to me, I’m not a programmer. I’m not an artist. I’m not a fashion blogger. Instead, I’m a user experience person, a crafter, a personal style blogger. I’m not sure why, but I’m super sensitive to titles. I always want to define myself.
3. I’ve been lindy hopping since 2005. Braden and I already have plans to keep dancing through babies and life.
4. I am not a neat person by any stretch of the imagination. While I enjoy a clean home, being surrounded by a mess doesn’t really bother me until people are coming over and there’s the chance that other people might find out I’m a complete slob.
5. I’m starting to question the idea of the perfect dress. I’m starting to think it won’t matter because I’ll be happy that day no matter what.
6. I definitely had some internalized misogyny that I didn’t understand until I started to read Shakesville. Part of fashion blogging for me has been about accepting myself as a woman and embracing classically defined femininity.
7. I have no problem with the sort of invention of meaning that is expected of artists. Braden does. It has made him attending art school all too much for me.
8. I have mixed feelings about myself. I think I’m both too confident and have too little self esteem. Whoops.
9. I listened to Walk the Earth’s cover of Somebody That I Used to Know like seven times in a row the other day. It was the first time I ever out-looped Braden on a song.
10. Layering tights is my new favorite thing.
11. I stopped eating High Fructose Corn Syrup this year because of the research indicating it’s tendency to lead to diabetes. It hasn’t been as hard as I thought, though it does mean no oreos.
Answering Mia’s questions!
1. What’s your favorite way to wear your hair?
See above picture. :3
2. What’s the last thing you ate?
Frozen blueberry waffles with butter and syrup
3. Savory or sweet?
4. Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?
Molly. Duh, she’s a cookie fiend.
5. Who’s your favorite fictional character right now?
At this very moment? Sharona from Monk. Braden and I just started watching it(it’s actually a rewatch for me), and I had totally forgotten how great Sharona is.
6. WHAT ARE YOU READING TELL ME TELL ME. If you’re not reading anything, WHY NOT.
I’m in the middle of a Women’s US History book and Bermudez Triangle. I’m a little scared of Bermudez Triangle, to be honest, because it stars a trio of friends and they have feelings that remind me of a certain time period of our trio-hood and that one time that those things happened.
7. What’s the best new item you just added to your wardrobe? (“New” can be relative.)
8. What’s the worst timewaster in your life?
Let’s define worst as least productive. I’m going to say Facebook.
9. Are you an early riser or a stay-up-late-r? Both? Neither? A hibernator?
Both. I stay up with Braden, but the sun wakes me up, so I’m on super low sleep while he’s in insomnia mode.
10. What’s the weirdest food that you like?
Weirdest according to who? I guess fried donuts(a family recipe involving buy day-old glazed donuts, cutting them in half, slathering them with butter and frying them in a pan) are pretty weird to just about everyone but the family. SO GOOD though.
11. What are you really looking forward to right now?
I want to say the wedding, but honestly, I’m more looking forward to Braden’s birthday party because it’s going to be a cook-off and it’s only two weeks away, as opposed to the wedding that is 3 months away.
I tag:…anyone who wants to do this. Because, like Mia, I am le lazy.
11 questions for you!
1. Are you more serious or more silly?
2. What was the best year of your life? Why?
3. Where are my keys?
4. Do you have any pets? If so, what kinds? If not, why?
5. What city would you like to visit more than any other city?
6. What career do you think you would excel at?
7. Most recent meal that made you go WOW?
8. Tell me a recipe you know by heart.
9. What is your favorite color combination?
10. Why is eleven so many questions?
11. Do you consider yourself a feminist?
And that’s it!