Top: Goodwill (H&M) — Skirt: Gift — Camisole: Old Navy — Sandals: Goodwill (Aerosoles) — Necklace and bangles: Thrifted — Ring: Monterey Bay Aquarium
I can’t think of a single interesting thing to tell you about this outfit, folks.
In lieu of image-related content, here are a few things I have been enjoying lately:
1) Jolie Kerr, also known as A Clean Person on The Hairpin, has some timely advice about stinky shoes for the sweaty-footed person. My sandals are actually in the freezer as we speak. (I was trying to figure out the other day just why my feet get so much grimier in summer than winter, and it finally hit me that, duh, I wear tights like 24/7 in winter so it’s the bottom of the tight foot that picks up grime rather than the bottom of my actual foot. Then I felt like a dope for not realizing that earlier.)
2) The Pervocracy is a “kinky, feminist sexblog,” and a darn fine one at that. Holly has a consistent history of quality, thoughtful posts, but this one from January on consent culture particularly rocks my socks.
3) Speaking of fun sexy stuff on the internet, it’s thanks to Erika Moen’s twitter activity (which is always full of awesome stuff like poop and boners) that I’m now aware of Try It, You’ll Like It, a new sex-positive advice comic. I just…I can’t even tell you guys how happy it makes me that stuff like this–cheerful, open, informative stuff–exists. It’s like little singing birds in my heart.
4) In a similar vein, this gallery of curvy folks practicing yoga appeals to the fiercely pro-HAES lady that Tia has created in me.
5) I know that I’ve gone on before about how great and awesome and talented and sexy Amanda Palmer is and yadda yadda yadda, but seriously. I always have to set time aside to read her blog posts; they’re long, but interesting and honest and full of stories about her childhood and her marriage to Neil Gaiman and everything else ever, basically. (Plus, I’m suuuuper looking forward to the Grand Theft Orchestra album.)
6) ” I keep coming back to the picture trying to understand what there is to mock about it and each time I find nothing. Each time I look, I feel exactly the way I felt when I first posted it, cute.” This made me feel a ton of Feelings all at once, and I want someone else to feel them too so we can talk about Feeling Soup.
In other news, happy Friday, people! Anything you’re looking forward to this weekend? I’m going to go exhaust myself doing Dewey’s Read-a-Thon with Tito, with also a little special something thrown in there that I’ll hopefully be able to blog about next week.
Oh, and P.S.: Here is my Potterverse self doll:
I like my kicky little white shoes.
(I contemplated trying to make a doll of my old original Potterverse character, Breaker, but decided that was too dorky for words. Also they didn’t have anything approximating his hairstyle. Sniff.)