Top: Goodwill (Iz) — Skirt: Super old (Kathy Lee Collection) — Tights: Target — Shoes: Goodwill (Target) — Bracelet: Gift — Necklace: Gift
Isn’t Kelsey of Charming Pumpin, well, charming? She graciously bestowed upon both me and Tia our first awards!
Here are the rules:
Link back to the blogger you got the award from
Write 7 random things about yourself
Fill in the question form below
Give the award to 10 other blogs and let them know
7 random things about me:
1. I can’t stand the feeling of corduroy; it makes my teeth itch and I feel like pulling out my fingernails, it’s just so unpleasant.
2. I find color names much more appealing if they involve food: pumpkin, cranberry, mustard, plum. Makes me want dinner!
3. I am a pretty big anime nerd, but I haven’t had much time to watch new series lately so I feel way behind the times. A couple shows I would recommend: Time of Eve (if you’re into robot-human interaction), Ebichu Minds the House (if you’re into a super-raunchy version of Hamtaro), or Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (if you’re into scary girl horror stories). Something for everyone!
4. If I crouch down or squat, I can place my feet flat on the ground, which, apparently, is something some people can’t do. Can you?
5. I am a die-hard picker: I pick at the skin around my fingernails, I pick at blemishes and zits and split ends, I pick at scabs and sunburns and anything that’s there to be picked. I’ve been trying to get better (especially about the zits), but it’s going to be a long time, if ever, before I truly stop picking for good.
6. I used to “collect languages”–through high school and college, I’ve taken classes in Spanish, Portuguese, German, and Middle Egyptian. I probably couldn’t carry a conversation on in any of them if you asked, but I’m still pretty good at reading Spanish, Portuguese, and some German. The Middle Egyptian, not so much.
7. I’ve never broken a bone. The worst accident I ever had was slamming my bare foot into an empty motherboard case while helping my dad move computer equipment the summer I was 12. I nearly cut my pinkie toe off and had to get stitches.
(It’s been a while since I made stupid faces on this site, right?)
Name your favorite song: Do I have to choose? This changes about every five minutes. I’ll give you a current selection: “Hymn 43” by Jethro Tull, “Louder” by Vermillion Lies, “Zak and Sara” by Ben Folds, and “Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity,” composed by Gustav Holst.
Name your favorite dessert: This particular chocolate rum cake that my mom used to get for birthdays in our house. It reminded her of the chocolate rum cake that her family used to get for birthdays from a local bakery when she was growing up in Berkeley.
What pisses you off: Smugness. I just want to punch smug people right in the face.
Your favorite pet: Right now, my only pet is Flat Tire. I have to admit, though, I’m pretty fond of Toby, a little doggie I still think of as mine but who is now in Washington state with my mom. He’s so funny, I miss him.
Black or white: White, just to be contrary to what Kelsey picked.
Your biggest fear: This isn’t really an interesting, tangible fear like spiders or clowns; my fear is disappointing people. (It pairs well with my anxiety issues!)
Best feature: Um. My neck? I dunno.
Everyday attitude: Most of the time I’m pretty cheery and easygoing. Right now I’m grouchy and tired, but I’m also pretty good at fakin’ it for the people I work with.
What is perfection: So many things. Flat Tire’s tummy fur, a perfect softboiled egg, tasty soups (like the one I made which you can see down below), reading under a blanket, being ridiculous with friends and family, loving people who love you.
Guilty pleasure: America’s Next Top Model. So bad, which is why it’s so good. Plus, Allison Harvard from Cycle 12 is amazing!
Bloggers: I Pick You!
Now, I’m not going to say anybody has to do this, especially since it looks like a lot of the bloggers I like best have already been awarded this/these award/s. But I will list for all y’all some of my favorite bloggers and they can decide whether they want to do it or not. In no particular order:
Bright Side Dweller
Dressing Up For Life
My (Not So) Style Blog
Laydeez, you are great! You brighten my Google Reader and make the day flash by. I’ve been terrible about doing the commenting rounds lately, for which I apologize. I hope after I return from Chicago, I’ll be a bit rested and better about all that!
Before Friday’s over, I just wanted to throw in a picture of soup for good measure. This was the product of oven-roasting all the vegetables I could find that were going to go bad (two acorn squash, one butternut squash, three bell peppers, six carrots, and a quarter-bag of Brussels sprouts), blending the veggies with some chicken stock and milk, and scarfing with some parmesan on top. Good stuff! Happy Friday, y’all, and the next time I come to blog ’round these parts I’ll be in the Windy City, with my favorite Windy Couple. See you on Monday!